Who does not know Ravichandran Ashwin? If you are a cricket fan you may know him as Ashwin. He is one of the most famous men in Indian cricket but in case you don’t know the talented cricketer, then please know that Ravichandran Ashwin is an Indian international cricketer born on 17 September 1986. Ashwin is not only a right-handed batsman but also an off-spin bowler. Ravichandran Ashwin, an Indian all-rounder, played for the Tamil Nadu team as a home player in the IPL and is also the fastest player to take 50, 100 and 150 wickets in Test cricket. Ashwin, who took nine wickets in his first Test match (November 6 – 10, 2011), took five wickets in a single innings in his 3rd Test match and scored a century (November 25, 2011). He scored 103 runs during the third Test against the West Indies and scored his maiden century on November 25, 2011.
This famous Indian International Cricketer also has another interesting part to his life: his love story. Yes, you read that right, we will also be talking about the love story of Ravichandran Ashwin’s wife Preethi Narayanan who is his childhood sweetheart.
Ravichandran Ashwin: 4 Interesting Things About The Amazing Indian Bowler
1. Ravichandran Ashwin was born in TamilNadu:
The 35-year-old was born on September 17, 1986, and would go on to play for the Tamil Cricket Team as a right-handed batsman and right-arm spinner. Debuted as a starting batsman in youth junior cricket. He then became a right-handed spinner. In 2006 he played in first-class cricket matches for the Tamil Nadu team. He then led the team when the 2010 Premier talent came to light, playing for the Chennai League Indian. He threw the ball sparingly in that series.
Ravichandran Ashwin’s parents are from Nagapattinam district, Thiruvenkadu, part of South India.
2. Highlights and exceptional wins:
- He played for the Chennai Super Kings and Rising Pune Supergiants. He played for Ranji Trophy, and is the captain of the Kings XI Punjab team. He became the fastest Indian bowler to score 50-, 100-, 150-, 200-, 250- and 300-targets in Test cricket.
- He was Cricketer of the year of the International Cricket Council in 2016, becoming the third Indian player to receive this award.
- Although he exhibited excellent potential in the subcontinent, including Australia and the United Kingdom, in 2013, he scored 29 goals during the home Test series. These are the highest number of goals scored by an Indian player in a four-match series.
- During the 2011 Cricket World, Ravichandran Ashwin who played for the Indian cricket team, made his Test debut against West Indies and scored 5 goals in his first Test match. He became the seventh Indian to score 5 goals in his debut match against West Indies and won the Man of the Series award for scoring a hundred runs.
- He became the first international and Indian to score 100 goals in fewer matches in the 80-year history of Test cricket. In 2017 when he played in his 45th Test match, he became the fastest bowler and thus set a record of 250 goals bettering Dennis Lillee, who had previously set the record in 48 matches.
The batsman for the Tamil Nadu Cricket Team was educated at Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan and St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School. Ashwin also went to the SSN College of Engineering and holds a bachelor’s degree of BTech in Information Technology.
Ashwin played for the Tamil cricket team as an all-rounder and played for the Indian Premier League in the Chennai Super Kings. He took the most wickets in the Champions League Twenty20 and the Chennai Super Kings tournament, taking 13 wickets.
4. Ravichandran Ashwin’s wife:
It was during his school days that Ashwin first set his eyes on the beautiful Prithvi. A friendship blossomed between the two and grew strong when the two joined the same college together. The couple joined SSN Engineering College in Chennai, where they fell in love. Since the families knew each other well, no opposition came. Ashwin and Preity enjoyed their dating period uninterrupted.
Ashwin got wings in his cricketing career and he became an indispensable player of the Indian cricket team. As his career began to take shape and his presence became important to the team, his personal time began to dwindle. Long calls and dates are no longer occasional and it does not stop Preity and Ashwin from falling in love with each other. Even though Ashwin could not be by her side, he understood and respected his commitment to his passion and life.
It was only in 2011 that the couple finally decided to take it to the next level. The couple chose a less important engagement ceremony and went to a big wedding on November 13, 2011. The couple tied the knot according to traditional Tamil wedding customs.
The big names of the cricket fraternity were not in full attendance at their wedding. Regardless, Ashwin took a short break from cricket to be with his wife and enjoy the newly married stage.
The couple was blessed in 2015 with a beautiful, baby girl. Ashwin and Prithi named their daughter Akira. Also, their second little angel was born on December 21, 2016.